Artist Statement

As a film student, I am primarily interested in the aspect of film editing. I enjoy piecing together short videos that I would usually capture on outings, family vacations, and other social activities. The behind the scenes world has always fascinated me because you really get to step back and appreciate all the hard work that was put into producing a play, television show, or film and seeing how it is assembled into it's final piece. Overall, I would like to acquire a knowledge of everything that is incorporated into filmmaking so that I am better able to pay attention to the small details and edit any footage into a cohesive film that viewers will enjoy.
I am also intrigued by filmmaking in the sense of connecting with your audience and leaving a lasting impression. I enjoy the way a characters portrayal can feel familiar or sometimes foreign. It's the way you connect with your favorite movies for reasons such as why it makes you laugh, cry, and feel this wide range of emotions. If I happen to create my own film, I would love to include individuals of all different sizes, color, disabilities, and so on. Watching films that have the stereotypical thin, tall, and what's considered a "beautiful person," is something that feels unrealistic to me. I would like to push those boundaries and be able to show something that is natural so that my viewers would be able to connect to a character that looks and feels familiar to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog